Search This Blog

Sunday, May 2, 2010

The beginning

In the beginning there was the word.

Wow. Did I just write that?
You would never know that I am an Orthodox Jew.
I have tried this endeavor many a time but I deleted each and every blog that I started.

For a long time now, I have been reading blogs online admiring some and upset by others. I am pretty sure that no one will ever read this blog, but if you do, I hope that you enjoy it.

Like many Jews, I have questions. About my faith, my tradition and my life. And you know what? Thats ok. I am ok with that. This, perhaps, according to some is the very definition of faith, emunah. To question and to continue to proceed on the journey to God. To know that things remain unclear but to remain steadfast, engaging every fact, thought and uncertainty looking toward the light, toward God. See Rav Yeshayahu Leibowitz in Collections of letters to him and one of Rav Sherlow's Shut seforim.

I am going to hopefully engage in discussing semi critically a different academic article, new or old, to think about life and Judaism. I hope you can add something or at least benefit from something we discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment